Thursday, July 15, 2010

Something about belly flopps

That just fascinates these kids! They do it over and over again and each time I hurt for them.
But anyways I have been teaching swimming lessons for the past two weeks! And it has been a blast! First off kids  say thee funniest things.
Here are some of the conversations that happen in my class.
So we are playing red light green light and I tell everyone start your engines so that we can go to the store!But then suddenly I got tapped  on the shoulder by this little girl named Maya.
Maya-  "teacher I don't want to go to the store, I want to go to the hospital!"
Me-"why do you want to go to the hospital Maya?!"
Maya- so we can get a BABY!!
hahahah i just laughed my guts out!! Maya is from an all adopted family so she thinks that's where babies come from! She is the life of my class!
I love little kids they just make my day each time I see them!


Then there is always this excuses.
Sage-teacher I think i have an  infection!
Me- what kind of  infection? are you sick?
Sage-Its called floatation disease, it causes me to not float well.




Me-Alright class time to practice our diving!
emery- I hate diving
Me- well we are gonna practice it tell you love it!
Emery- I love diving!!!!!!
ahhhhhhhhh I am gonna miss seeing these kids everyday!!!




I have also been teaching voice lessons which has been really fun experience!I have never taught voice lessons in my life. But my Young Women's Leader daughter wanted me to teach her! So I have been enjoying singing with this little lady for an hour twice a week!




My family has this tradition that every fourth of July we go on a hike! But since Its on a sunday we decieded to go yesterday! We went on the Pine Creek Hike which was really beautiful!! There was 9 repell's in this hike which was insanely fun! We had to repell through the canyons into freezing cold water that  has never seen the glorious sun!But it was totally worth it! The last repell was thee scariest thing I have ever done! I wouldn't say that I am afraid of hieghts until I have to jump off them. This repell was a couple hundred feet long! ahhh I just told myself to not look down! But now that I am done with it I would love to go again!!!

note: pictures soon to be posted.

No comments: